The decision interpreting the Supreme Court's TC Heartland ruling will be cheered by tech companies and make it harder for patent suits to stick in the Eastern District of Texas.
- In San Francisco, A New Chasm Erupts on Legal Pay
- Age Discrimination Suit Over Layoffs at HP Sent to Arbitration
- Will Your Case Go to Trial? This Computer Program Might Know the Answer
- 3 Securities Cases to Watch at the Supreme Court This Term
- Facebook's Russia Problem Tests Government Affairs Team
- 3 Key Quotes From the Uber Ninth Circuit Hearing
Jon Eisenman, an appellate lawyer in Los Angeles, tried five times to appear on "Jeopardy!" before he snagged a spot on the TV answer-and-question game show.
E-discovery professionals and litigators need to think differently about digital evidence, says Scott Reents. "The bigger story is that there is all this information out there, and we're drowning in it."
Adopting technology is becoming more commonplace in legal. But, with a growing number of tools promising increased operational efficiency and reduced costs for corporate legal teams, deciding which tools are best for your department is a challenging path to navigate.
Three significant securities law decisions highlight the new Supreme Court session, which will be the first complete term for Justice Neil Gorsuch.