Lawyers for Apple and Qualcomm faced off Aug. 18 in a clash over $4 billion in annual royalty payments. Cravath chairman Evan Chesler described client Qualcomm as under worldwide assault: “We are standing in a boxing ring with our gloves up, with the biggest boxer in the world punching away at us.”
- Wachtell, Sheppard Mullin Tapped for NBA's Paul George Probe
- New Evidence Seen as Key in LA Jury's $417M Talc Verdict
- Disney GC Alan Braverman Extends His Contract
- Jewish Bar's 'Adopt a Nazi' Fundraiser Goes Viral
- Let's Talk About Charlottesville and Lawyering in the Age of Trump
- NFL's Cold Shoulder to Kaepernick May Leave League Out in the Cold, Legally
Jon Eisenman, an appellate lawyer in Los Angeles, tried five times to appear on "Jeopardy!" before he snagged a spot on the TV answer-and-question game show.
E-discovery professionals and litigators need to think differently about digital evidence, says Scott Reents. "The bigger story is that there is all this information out there, and we're drowning in it."
The ongoing debate among some of the most influential tech entrepreneurs regarding the inherent risks of artificial intelligence (AI) appears not to have dampened enthusiasm in boardrooms for acquisitions of AI companies this year.
It isn't easy for a pure litigator to sell him/herself as a commercial transaction lawyer. So if you are applying for a role that seeks transaction experience, there will be some hurdles. It can be a bit easier if the commercial aspect of the role includes a few litigation components to it, but most of these types of positions do not. So as you strive to take this right turn in your career, follow the advice below to sell yourself more effectively for the job you desire.