According to a federal complaint, six defamation suits filed this year in Contra Costa County were part of a “rather brilliant" plan to manipulate Google and other search engines.
- Bedsworth: The Great Laguna Niguel Landslide Writ
- Ninth Circuit Backs Shareholders in Suit Against Pharma Firm
- Gibson Dunn Takes Over Facebook Defense in Paris Terror Suit
- Bio-Rad Tries to Smother Ex-GC's Whistleblower Suit With Privilege Claims
- Judicial Discipline Commission Sues to Restrict State Audit
- Appeals Court Eases Standards for Attorney Fees in Trademark Cases
Richard Lutkus was a tech enthusiast long before he ever became a lawyer. He wrote computer code as a high schooler and built websites and computers for his professors as an undergrad at Creighton University.
Owen, Wickersham & Erickson's Linda Joy Kattwinkel recently spoke with The Recorder about her path from artist to attorney and the challenges of protecting a famous character in the Internet age.
A misprint on a prominently placed department rug sends our columnist groping for his keyboard.
A national or international practice raises some potential hazards, including the unauthorized practice of law and legal malpractice exposure under the laws of multiple states. These risks can be reduced or even wholly minimized with a few simple steps.