The Ninth Circuit becomes the latest court to rule that web TV company FilmOn is not a "cable system" eligible for low statutory royalties.
- Alston Raids Reed Smith, MoFo for New San Francisco Office
- Ex-Carroll Burdick Leader Touts Success of Squire Patton Boggs Deal
- Supreme Court Weighing Microsoft Case Over Class Certification Appeals
- Supreme Court Ends Laches Defense in Patent Cases
- Justices Mull Whether Settled Expectations Require Affirmance in Patent Exhaustion Case
- Why Did Neal Katyal Go an Extra Mile for Neil Gorsuch?
Paul Caron, founder of the popular TaxProf Blog and the Law Professor Blog Network, will take the reins of the Malibu law school on June 1.
The circuit's former chief judge, who pushed to make audio and video of oral arguments available online, hopes other courts are taking note that more than 130,000 people tuned in to listen in real-time to arguments over President Donald Trump's travel ban.
As artificial intelligence begins taking over some of the law firm's basic functions, the very roles of the law firm are beginning to shift, and the old structural hierarchy is becoming obsolete.
While attorneys may be vigilant and detail-oriented by nature, they are still human. Accordingly, mistakes can happen in the course of an attorney-client representation, even when attorneys take steps to reduce their risk overall.