Mika Reiner Mayer moved over to Cooley in late June, and the group that followed her last week includes partner Walter Wu, four associates and six patent agents—MoFo’s entire medical device group, plus some members of its pharma and biotech practices.
- Ninth Circuit Wades Into Strip Club Trademark Dispute
- Brushing Aside Hate Mail, a GC Pushes for Gender Equity
- Three Supreme Court Insiders From Outside the Beltway
- Federal Circuit Builds a Wall Between Patent and Fiduciary Claims
- Airbnb Pushes Arbitration to Shut Down Discrimination Suit in D.C.
- Antitrust Suit Over Flight Pricing Stays Grounded
Katie Biber, the general counsel of San Francisco-based Thumbtack, explains why she left the world of politics behind, what she wants in outside counsel and what she learned in Airbnb's legal department.
David Ruschke talks about his goals for the Patent Trial and Appeal board, reactions to 'Cuozzo' and his enthusiasm for post-grant review.
Tools like Dropbox and Google Drive can expose trade secrets to theft and corporate espionage, writes Philip Favro.
If your firm gets sued for legal malpractice, your internal communications might not be protected.