Australia-based litigation funding outfit Bentham IMF this week rolled out a new initiative in the U.S. designed to increase its investment in whistleblower cases under the False Claims Act.
- Attorneys Accused of Filing Bogus Suits in Alleged Scheme to Stamp Out Negative Web Reviews
- Fenwick Sues Hasbro Over My Little Pony App
- Tighter Bar-Pass Rule Adopted by ABA Accrediting Body
- ‘Bush v. Gore’ Lawyers Sound Off on Trump’s Debate Comments
- The 'Legal Ops' Trend Is Real, Survey Finds
- Airbnb Files Lawsuit After Cuomo Signs Bill Imposing Fines for Ads
Owen, Wickersham & Erickson's Linda Joy Kattwinkel recently spoke with The Recorder about her path from artist to attorney and the challenges of protecting a famous character in the Internet age.
James Fox, who came out of retirement to head the state bar's board of trustees, recently spoke with The Recorder about the challenges facing the bar in the year ahead.
Despite the tendency to delay or even avoid conversations on partner pay, compensation remains one of the most scrutinized—and important—decisions for a law firm.
Among professionals, lawyers rank among the highest in rates of suicide. Partners, colleagues, friends and family can help by talking about the issue, identifying solutions for those at risk, and watching for warning signs.