In what looks like the first major tax fight involving digital currency, San Francisco's Coinbase is fighting an IRS subpoena that seeks information on every transaction conducted by U.S. customers over three years.
- How Out-of-State Schools Fared on California Bar Exam
- Firms Tapped to Lead Wells Fargo Derivative Suits
- Taking on Industry Critics, Vaughn Walker Says Litigation Finance Won't Drive 'Spurious Litigation'
- How a Big Law Fee Dispute Turned Into a Bitter, Cross-Country Litigation
- A Shot of Red Eye: Texan Beats California Company In Trademark Fight Over 'Cowboy Bourbon'
- Viewpoint: Judicial Council's Wrong-Headed Approach to Driver's License Suspensions
Goodwin Procter partner Elaine Herrmann Blais discusses the biologics case that's expected to reach the Supreme Court and why a repeal of the Affordable Care Act could have unwelcome ripple effects.
Abdi Soltani, the executive director of the ACLU of Northern California, said the chapter is working to sure that Californians know their rights and how to exercise them.
When interviewing for a job, the topic of work-life balance is not one that is easy to raise. And if done poorly, it can sabotage a candidacy as well as a reputation.
Firms should consider ways to prepare for the inevitable loss of attorneys to other firms.