According to a federal complaint, six defamation suits filed this year in Contra Costa County were part of a “rather brilliant" plan to manipulate Google and other search engines.
- FTC Hears From Company Leaders as Crowdfunding Grows
- Ninth Circuit Backs Shareholders in Suit Against Pharma Firm
- Gibson Dunn Takes Over Facebook Defense in Paris Terror Suit
- Bio-Rad Tries to Smother Ex-GC's Whistleblower Suit With Privilege Claims
- Judicial Discipline Commission Sues to Restrict State Audit
Richard Lutkus was a tech enthusiast long before he ever became a lawyer. He wrote computer code as a high schooler and built websites and computers for his professors as an undergrad at Creighton University.
Owen, Wickersham & Erickson's Linda Joy Kattwinkel recently spoke with The Recorder about her path from artist to attorney and the challenges of protecting a famous character in the Internet age.
The author always pictured writ conferences as three judges, a rubber stamp, a few sandwiches, and a lot of beer. The true experience has proven more onerous, except in one case ...
A misprint on a prominently placed department rug sends our columnist groping for his keyboard.