A Ninth Circuit panel has punted to the California Supreme Court the question of who gets the profits when partners leave dissolving law firms and take work to new firms.
- Calif. Treasurer to Boot Bond Counsel That Back Campaigns
- Seeking Equal Pay for Women, Sedgwick Partner Sues Her Firm
- PG&E Chose Profits Over Safety, Government Says in Closing
- 'Teenage Sex Slave' Claim Defamatory, VC Says
- Qualcomm to Pay $19.5M to Settle Gender Bias Claims
- What's Next for Yahoo's Lawyers?
Katie Biber, the general counsel of San Francisco-based Thumbtack, explains why she left the world of politics behind, what she wants in outside counsel and what she learned in Airbnb's legal department.
David Ruschke talks about his goals for the Patent Trial and Appeal board, reactions to 'Cuozzo' and his enthusiasm for post-grant review.
Tools like Dropbox and Google Drive can expose trade secrets to theft and corporate espionage, writes Philip Favro.
If your firm gets sued for legal malpractice, your internal communications might not be protected.