The U.S. Supreme Court justices on Tuesday appeared cautious about changing thousands of years of tradition by requiring states to license same sex-marriage. "The word that keeps coming to me is 'millennia,' " Justice Anthony Kennedy said during the first segment of historic arguments in the same-sex marriage cases.
- Some California Firms Made Big Moves Up and Down the Am Law 100 List
- Full Federal Circuit to Review Ruling on Disparaging Trademarks
- Facebook Turns to Morgan Lewis to Fight Sex Bias Suit
- Mostly Status Quo Under New Test for Patent Particularity
- Litigation Department of the Year, Antitrust: Latham & Watkins
- On the Move
The former MoFo partner discusses her transition to the bench and a family law assignment.
After almost a decade in Big Law, Mathieson is embracing the boutique approach.
Tips on how to hire them and handle their work to avoid conflicts and other malpractice pitfalls.
They focus on outcomes, are comfortable with technology, and don't worry about outdated rules, writes Avvo's Dan Lear.