The justices have shown no great deference to the Federal Circuit in recent years. Yet, they sound reluctant to overrule a 1990 decision that led to a crush of filings in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Alsup Puts Stamp on Google-Uber Driverless Car Case
- California's Chief Justice Assails Trump Administration
- What Do Autonomous Vehicle Accident Reports Tell Us?
- California IP Firm Sets Sights on New York
- How to Address Attorney Misconduct
- Second Circuit Upholds Ban on Private Investment in Law Firms
Paul Caron, founder of the popular TaxProf Blog and the Law Professor Blog Network, will take the reins of the Malibu law school on June 1.
The circuit's former chief judge, who pushed to make audio and video of oral arguments available online, hopes other courts are taking note that more than 130,000 people tuned in to listen in real-time to arguments over President Donald Trump's travel ban.
Given the demands and stresses of practicing law, substance abuse and depression are unfortunately an all-too-common occurrence among attorneys. When an attorney is impaired by disease or personal matters, it can be very uncomfortable for other attorneys at a law practice to decide how to handle the situation, especially when there is serious misconduct such as theft or other dishonest actions.
As artificial intelligence begins taking over some of the law firm's basic functions, the very roles of the law firm are beginning to shift, and the old structural hierarchy is becoming obsolete.