The troubled ride-hailing company is in need of a new general counsel.
- Trade Secrets Litigation: The No-Longer-Forgotten Part of the Tech IP Arsenal
- In-House Counsel Profile: Square Inc.'s Hillary Smith
- Dentons Nabs Large IP Team From MoFo; Group Includes 3 Partners
- Constitutional Heavyweights Spar in Public LinkedIn Data Fight
- Judge Presses Pause On Spotify Auto-Charge Class Action
- Introducing the 2017 Women Leaders in Tech Law
Jon Eisenman, an appellate lawyer in Los Angeles, tried five times to appear on "Jeopardy!" before he snagged a spot on the TV answer-and-question game show.
E-discovery professionals and litigators need to think differently about digital evidence, says Scott Reents. "The bigger story is that there is all this information out there, and we're drowning in it."
"Market" compensation for a director of IP role depends on several variables.
As law firms grapple with new economic realities, it is becoming more common for firms to ask individual or groups of partners to leave in an effort to shore up the firm's finances. Not only can this decision be extremely difficult considering the firm's personal relationships with those partners, it can also involve ethical and financial risks for the firm and for the departing partner.